It would depend on the cost of rental, and how often you expect to need
the capability.  But that's an individual choice.  I don't trust market
research.  It's really done two ways.  Looking at what's selling and
asking questions with surveys.  One is unreliable because it can only
predict what's already happened the other is unreliable because People
are People, and you can't trust them.  (Which sounds more cynical than
it is actually).  There was a time when it was claimed by some, that
35mm Kodachrome could match the quality of a medium format camera,
(which it could for many purposes, but not all).  The Canon 22mp über
camera already eats into the potential medium format market.  You get
the equivalent of 35mm flexibility and almost the quality of a medium
format studio camera in one box.  Unless the 645D is less expensive than
expected and has markedly better noise characteristics than the Canon at
the same or better resolution it will not sell particularly well.
Unfortunately things has changed.

--
I am personally a member of the Cream of the Illuminati.
A union with the Bavarian Illuminati is contemplated.