> From: "Antti-Pekka Virjonen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

(trimmed, for the children)

> Yes Cotty, 2.05 a litre, but how did you end up with 9.22 USD per gallon? I
> think that would be 7.75 USD per US gallon. Ahh, you must have used the
> Imperial gallon. It seems that the gas price in good old England is nowadays
> the same as over here. Does your Range run on gas (V8)? How about diesel
> fuel, what is the current price?

2-3p per litre more.  Our benevolent government realised that diesel cars were
becoming more popular, so increased the tax on fuel for these vehicles, which
use less of a fuel that is more economical to make.....

However, road tax is now based on emissions, so my wife's 1.4 diesel costs £35
per year compared to my 1.8 at (whimper) £180.

Now that fuel has crossed the £1/litre barrier (just before Christmas) I expect
it to reach nearly £2/litre this year.