I've found that it sounds much louder than the *ist D (I don't have
the *ist DS or *ist DL to compare). It reminds me of the difference
between the Super Program and the ME Super, for instance, or between
the PZ-1p and the ZX-5n, with the *ist D being the significantly
quieter of the two. K100D is a slightly muffled "clack," whereas the
*ist D is a subtle "snick."

I find that the K100D shutter isn't _objectionably_ loud, but it is a
_significant_ shutter sound.

Joe