Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
> If you post a picture of a Chevrolet, Paul, and I prefer Alfa Romeos,
> wouldn't it be ridiculous for me to look at your picture and say, out
> of the blue, "Well, I'd rather look at a photograph of an Alfa Romeo,
> but the light is nice."

Actually, I think it's a reasonable remark.  You enjoy the technical
skill of the photographer, but don't like the subject.  What's wrong
with that?

> What you like or don't
> like, what you prefer, has NOTHING to do with the photograph or the
> photographer, or any critique of same.

Of course it does.  I'm not going to like a picture of a leaf on the
sidewalk if I don't like leaves on sidewalks.  sure the exposure might
be spot on, but it's a leaf on a sidewalk and it doesn't appeal to me.
Just as religious icons or whatever do nothing for me.  Or freaking
birds to someone else.

Now you're just getting nasty!  :-P <---- back atcha

--

Christian