> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > Specifically with automobiles, they have prospered because of having
> > superior products,

That was once the case. Now, as in most things, there's parity in
automotive technology and quality. Look at the recent JD Power surveys
of initial quality and long-term quality. Three of the top five are US
products. And computer simulations have made technology a mute point.
Aside from a minor breakthrough here and there, it's all the same. But
it's still politically correct to drive an import in many parts of the
US. We like to cut our own throats. It's a popular American sport.
Paul