From: "Scott Loveless" :

>I also missed the tactile aspects of film in
> general - putting slides in the trays, sleeving the negatives, etc.
> Editing on a computer screen sucks, at least for me.  It's even less fun
> when I have to scan those slides and negatives, but at least I get to do
> the touchy-feely part of photography that I really like.

Yes, I miss the tactile aspects of film as well.  There was something
wonderful about the darkroom.  I've only public darkroom experience from
when I took 1 photography class over 20 years ago, but parts of that
experience I remember as if it were yesterday.  Very enjoyable.

I'm liking Photoshop more and more, BUT processing my photographs digitally
results in just another thing I do on the computer.  I'm at the computer so
much:  work correspondence & work (and lots of it), music downloads, social
correspondence, and so much more. Because digital editing is yet 1 more
thing I do on the computer, just a tiny bit of the joy is taken out of the
experience. Because of this, I really try to get the photograph right
in-camera, so I don't have to spend hours at the computer.  That's probably
a good thing for my photographic development.

Still, having said all that.  I doubt I'd ever go back to film, though I do
eventually want to buy a used Pentax MX.  That was my first SLR, purchased
for me by an old boyfriend, but I had to sell it when I was in college--the
ever present need for money.  yuck.  I have such fond memories of that
camera.  This is totally a sentimental desire.  For the most part, I see
myself as committed to digital.

Cheers, Christine