If so, it's possibly you've flown with my Dad. He flew for a number of
operations up north, Fixed wing for Norcan Air in the mid 70's, and
then rotary for a number of operations out west including Highland
before he went overseas in the early 80's.

Gotta say I like the failure modes on a rotary job better than on
fixed wing. Especially in the bush where places to set a helicopter
down are just a wee bit more numerous ;-) hitting one mountain was
enough for this guy.

-Adam