In a message dated 11/21/01 11:21:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Seriously, the whole point, originally, was that depreciation doesn't
> matter.

Costs and depreciation only matter when you have to replace an object. If
what you're saying is that ~until~ you replace the object you have no costs,
you're correct.
But we all know if you buy one of an object, (in this instance, a
camera-printer-computer), and use it, you ~will~ replace it.
For business purposes then, we are allowed, (not really "allowed": by law, we
business owners ~MUST~ depreciate our property) to depreciate any property
used in the business, including wear and tear on your building-etc.
If you do a thing, business or hobby, and use equipment to do this thing, the
equipment must be replaced:
costs, plain and simple.

Mafud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]