Good point.  The new screens are brighter than their older counterparts,
although not by much - about 1/5 of a stop.  And, of course, there may
be differences between certain screens.

That said, I'd of course check the meter for proper calibration in any
case, as I'd do for all cameras and meters that i use.  Thing is, the MX
has a relatively poor readout, little more than a match needle system
with diodes, that I may just choose to go meterless with it.  The camera
seems to lend itself to that type of shooting.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]