On 22 Nov 2001, at 10:45, Geoff Moes wrote:

> I've heard that in order to use LX screens in an MX you need to
> have the meter recalibrated since the screens are brighter and the
> meter reads from behind the screen.  This could probably be
> confirmed through experimentation. It also raises the question are
> the LX screens consistent in there brightness or the recalibration
> only be valid for certain screens?

Short of physically recalibrating the actual electronics of the camera at every
screen change just note the exposure difference between a screen of known
accuracy and the new screen and counter the difference by applying an
offset via the ISO selector (note the factor on each screen box).

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110