David Mann wrote:

> The last quake I felt was just before Xmas.  It caused a bit of
> damage to a town up in the North Island but I'd have missed it if I
> wasn't sitting down.

I've only ever felt one.  Back in about 1991, I was at a business show
in Anaheim.  A 7.1 or bigger quake hit while I was asleep.  When it
awakened me, I wasn't really lying on the bed anymore ... I was sort of
hovering above it as the room thrashed around me.  Just sort of twisted
like a diver and my feet were on the floor, at least part of the time. :-)

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)