keith_w wrote:

> Wouldn't expect a KG4-land Virginian to have experienced one like that
> anywhere else! We have some pretty authentic ones out here on occasion!

Yeah, if I hadn't already decided, that earthquake would've put paid to
any ideas I had of living in California. ;-)

> keith whaley
> Former WA6 operator

I haven't even fired up my 2m radio in a couple of years.  I only have a
Tech license at the moment, so 6m is the most reach I can get, and it
won't reliably get where I want to go.  Now that they've loosened the
requirements (dropped Morse) I ought to go upgrade to General.  With 10m
I could reliably talk to my long distance buddies that 6m won't reliably
reach.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)