On 29/2/08, Henk Terhell, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Cotty, I finally had time to look at the DVD Fairport (Convention) @
>Forty which was in the post after our trip to Italy. I find it very
>entertaining and the interviews gave a good impression of the special
>atmosphere of the festival. The music is very good for a life concert,
>thanks also to both excellent fiddlers, in particular of course Ric
>Sanders. Ages ago I was also a fan of Dave Swarbrick who I couldn't
>discover being around there (but I've seen interviews with him on a
>recent DVD "Sandy Denny under review") .
>I'm sure you must have liked to work there. I can report here to all
>PDMLers you did a very good job!

By chance I was watching a bit of it tonight with a glass of wine. It's
not bad at all. Great fun to work on. I was disappointed because when we
filmed the interview with Chris Leslie, and we chatted for a while, he
was keen to see my Weber mando that I got from Montana, so I said I'd
bring it the next day, which I did, but everyone was so busy and we
never had two minutes spare at the same time, so it will have to wait
til a different year.

They're a terrific bunch of musicians - as you know - but also a
terrific bunch of people. Simon Nichols tells the best jokes on the
planet - totally unrepeatable here ;-)

Glad you enjoyed it. Yous hould come across for the festival one August!

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__