On 2/3/08, John Francis, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Not all that strange, really.  If you look at the Fairport Family
>Tree (initially on the album cover of "History Of ..." but much
>expanded as the years pass) you'll see that Fairport have their
>contacts with an extremely wide-ranging group of musicians.

One of the key attractions of the Cropredy Festival. They invite
musician friends old and new along and you get the most amazing mix of
music styles all on one field. The other attraction is the age range -
literally from 8 to 80. The venue is lovely, with the vent spilling out
into the village of Cropredy itself, which opens its heart to the event.
There is only one bar in the arena - nothing backstage - so artists come
out for a pint of Wadsworth 6X and can easily be bumped into for a chat.
I have see this nowhere else. The atmosphere is pretty good, highly
recommended.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty