Well I think the the Pentax software handles the high ISO (1600+) shots better.

I took some at ISO 3200 in mixed WB lighting & adjusting the white
balance in ACR introduced some interesting noise. The same shot
processed in PhotoLab was much better.

I hate using PPL though. It's slow, has an awkward interface. (and did
I mention it's slow).

I just hope that Adobe bring out an update soon.

Cheers,

Dave