----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerome Reyes"
Subject: Pentax vs. Sigma Fast Glass

> I'm trying to figure out if the new Pentax DA* 16-50mm and 50-135mm lenses
> are worthy replacements for my Sigma 24-70mm and 70-200mm lenses. All four
> lenses have a max. aperture of f2.8. All would be used on K10D bodies.
> I've had the former two lenses for about 5 years now (since the MZ-S that
> I no longer have) and am thinking that it's time to get something better
> mated (?) with the digital bodies I own.

I used both of the Pentax lenses for a week just after they were released and
found them both to
be excellent. I don't understand why a person would put third party glass onto
a Pentax, as it
defeats the purpose of buying Pentax in the first place, which is being able to
use their
lenses.

William Robb