On 3/3/08, Wilko Bulte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Quoting Timber, who wrote on Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 11:23:01PM +0100 ..
>
> > Paul,
>  > You really want me to go totally broke? I am trying to surmount the
>  > temptation, but you make it very hard :D Couldn't you just post images
>  > to show something bad about the K20D to save me from running dangerously
>  > low on money? :D
>  >
>  > All the pictures are very impressive. As I read on a german page at the
>  > Photokina there will be 2 announcements from Pentax... a 'one numbered'
>  > and a 'three numbered' digital. If Pentax manages to make this sensor
>  > with Full Frame and releases a K2D with the same pricing policy (so
>  > cheaper than Nikon's D3 and Canon's 1D series... maybe somewhere around
>  > Canon EOS 5D?) then I believe the two giants could have a very serious
>

> With proper aperture stuff so I can fit my beloved M-lenses, and an
>  exchangable focusing screen, so that I can stick a split-image screen in it.
>  Viewfinder like the MX, or, even better, the LX.  Autofocus for those who
>  want it/think they need it.  A hack to retrofit lens data info onto older
>  lenses like Leica did for the M8 glass.
>
>  We can dream, can we?
>

>  Wilko

Nikon does lens data WAY better than Leica. Database in the camera,
enter your lens data, press a button and twirl a wheel to pick the
lens, no mod to the lens necessary. Of course, Nikon's only using this
for EXIF and matrix metering, while Leica's got certain image
optimizations also applied.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca