This is pretty interesting.  I've never really noticed any BF or FF
problems, but I tend to use my FA 20-35 or my 50 1.4  in daylight. Dof
probably saves me.  I'd be really curious to know how much this
adjustment differs from, say, one FA 50 1.4 to another.

>>> Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/4/2008 7:10 AM >>>
I think most lenses will benefit from some fine tuning of the focal
point. Although it remains to be seen how accurate the DA lenses
might be. The kind of adjustments I'm making are quite fine, and the
difference isn't critical for most subjects. About the only place
where it comes into play is with wide-open portraits, where eye focus

is critical. Of course, those should be manual focused anyway in the
studio. But for situations like wedding photography or even my coffee

shop portraits, pinpoint autofocus accuracy is an advantage. "A"
lenses aren't autofocus, of course, so they just sit there silently
without complaint:-).
Paul
On Mar 4, 2008, at 6:48 AM, David J Brooks wrote:

> So it seems the older F and FA lenses may have some fine tuning
then.

> Wonder what the A lenses will do, i have more of them than F and FA

> ones.
>
> I hope by adjusting my K10D i did not throw things out of wack. But
> then again i panic about things like that,:-)
>
> K20D will have to wait. I'm more interested in getting a good F2.8
or
> F4 zoom for the horse ring. I plan to make the K10D the mane camera
if
> a lens comes out soon enough. However if i make money early on my
> shows, i might have enough for both
>
> Dave
>
> Dave
>
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Paul Stenquist
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've now adjusted focus for two of my lenses, the FA 50/1.4 and the
>>  FA 35/2. The FA 35/2 came in at +2. The FA 50/1.4 came in at -3.
So
>>  it seems that it's more a matter of lens variation than camera
>>  baseline. I haven't tested the DA lenses yet, but they appear to
be
>>  spot on in informal look sees. For adjustment I shoot a crisply
>>  printed sheet off a tripod. I run the range from -6 to +6 in
>> steps of
>>  two. When I have the winner, I do one step in each direction. It
>> only
>>  take a few minutes. It makes me think that an overall adjustment
>> is a
>>  real compromise. Lens specific is great. Another big plus for this
>>  camera.
>>  Paul
>>
>>  --
>>  PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List