> Travel would be minimal, we are still a small town, but i feel it
> would be appropriate for my experience, and sense of fair play, that
> a rate of $50-60 for an hour shoot, and put a CD together add another
> $50-60 for time, PS work, maybe a bit more for a musical slideshow
> etc..
>
> Am i in the ball park out am i way out of line to start off

It's *your* ballpark. Charge what you want! That's the beauty of not being
a "pro" in my humble opinion. You've got no bills to pay with this cash,
so charge what you feel comfortable with. This way everyone is happy. If
they accept the price, then you'll feel compensated and they'll get their
product.
>From there, based on demand and your desire to continue,  work your price
up (or down) as you see fit.

That may not be helpful, but that's my 2 cents.