On 3/30/08, Thibouille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  That's nice, but they need to start putting some faster primes on the
> > market.
>

> Certainly true.
>

>  > There isn't much advantage in buying a 35mm f/2.8 lens when the 16-50 is
> also an f/2.8, unless all you are going
>  >  to do with the 35mm lens is macro work at closer ranges than the 16-50
> will allow.
>

> Unless you like primes and prefer lenses without much vignetting or
>  distortion although you might argue that "It can be processed under PS
>  anyway".

The 16-50 doesn't vignette or distort much at 35mm. But it is much
larger than any 35mm prime in a DSLR mount except the Canon 35L

I tend to be a prime guy from a theoretical perspective. But I shoot
more with zooms. Love the primes, but the zooms are more flexible and
all three of my current ones are excellent performers.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca