Pressed CD are superior to CD-R in longevity.

CD-R recordings are designed to be permanent, but over time the dye's
physical characteristics may change, causing read errors and data loss.
Testing has demonstrated such degradation of some discs in as little as
18 months under normal storage conditions. (bad CD-R quality)

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/CD-Recordable-discs-unreadable-in-less-than-two-years.html

DVD-R are less resistant than CD-R

The problem is to determine when you should renew your DVD-R. Having 2
copies is useless, as they are going to age simultaneously.
Some software improves your chance of recovering your data by burning
same data at different place on your DVD-R (you can put less data on 1
DVD-R)

On servers we trust magnetic tape, then multiple hard drives system,
then optical media (CD, DVD...)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_data_storage

Xavier.