On Apr 2, 2008, at 9:27 AM, Thibouille wrote:
> The problem may be that CD/DVD are read-only medias and Lightroom
> might dislike that. Just a theory I just came with (means I really
> just thought about that now, replying to your post).

The only limitation of having your photos sited on read-only media is
that you cannot write the metadata out to the files or to .XMP
sidecar files. The metadata edits (and any other editing you might
do) will be captured and stored in the Lightroom catalog database.

The same thing happens if you have the image files in a read-only
directory on a file server. To embed metadata and edits into a file
output, you have to export the file to a writeable location.

Godfrey