On Apr 2, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Thibouille wrote:

>>> In short, it has quite a number of very nice additions (I imagine
>>> Godfrey's face reading those specs xD ) and if all goes well in the
>>> release, IMO the upgrade will be a given.
>>
>>  I'm at a loss to understand what you mean. What do you mean?
>
> Regarding the specs/upgrade or regarding your face? ;) I suppose you
> wrote about your face (OK the sentence is crap but you understand what
> I mean, my English is really too limited at times).
>
> I meant that you knowing about everything about Lightroom (I mean, you
> are the reference when any list guy has a question) I imagine you
> reading the specs and having a smile because you like this or that
> feature and then a grimace (that word comes from Babelfish, I'm sure
> there's a better one) when you find something completely superfluous.
> Was just that.

I find it hard to understand what is meant when someone whom I do not
know, have never met, etc, says they "imagine my face reading those
specs". How would you know what I found amusing, ridiculous,
important, a serious flaw, etc, or have an image of what my face
looked like on reading about these things? It seems a bit too
personal, too intimate a comment to make without more context for
your idea to surface.

Reading your explanation, I understand what you meant now.

By and large, I think they are making useful improvements/additions
to the Lightroom environment. I use this application every day, 8 to
10 hours a day ... it's the basis of my work ... so I have taken
pains to learn and understand it well. It is proving to be an
extraordinarily useful tool.

I'm a trifle horrified at how many criticisms and comments are made
about Lightroom by people who simply don't know anything about it,
don't use it, and don't understand how to work with it.

Godfrey