In a message dated 4/4/2008 10:01:56 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Usually, for me, if a  disc is bad, it  is bad from the beginning.

That's why you should  *always* run a verification/validation pass
immediately after burning  a CD/DVD, and make at least two
independently from the original  working set of files.

I'm sorry but this is not rocket science. It's  pretty easy to achieve
highly reliable archives with today's systems,  with a minimum of fuss
and "computer savvy". Good quality equipment,  well designed archiving
policy and proper procedures do the  job.

Godfrey

Well, actually, Godfrey, not sure how  to do a verification/validation pass.
And you can't help, as you're Mac and I am  PC.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.