Hiroto Yamashita wrote:

> It looks like there are 2 models of MXs.
>
> earlier models (serial number 9**)
> -"ASAHI PENTAX" engraved on pentaprism (same as KX, K2 etc)
> -GPD Metering (same as ME, ME super etc)
> -Magnification: *0.97
>
> later models (serial number 4**)
> -only "PENTAX" engraved on pentaprism (as LX or ME super)
> -SPD metering (as KX, K2, and LX)
> -Magnification: *0.95

Well, I bought mine new in 1980. It has serial number 4**, rectangular
film holder at the back, 0,97x finder, GPD cell.
I don't think it is one of the later models, it also has Asahi engraved
in small letters in the upper part of the pentaprism, and Pentax in
black letters (bigger) in the front of it.