Also I'm trying out now Lightroom as possible replacement of Elements on
my new PC. In Elements I used to store my converted (exported) JPG's
along with the DNG files in the same folder. I am used to identify
folders based on subject and subfolders by date taken. Elements does
import from card folders by date and also saves the converted JPG by
default in the same folder unless you select to save for web w/o EXIF.
In LR I see so far no easy way to do thisin the same folder and upon
saving the JPG it is hard to find back the folder in which the DNG file
is located. Another point is that in Elements the JPG file size can be
set before saving, or the file size is indicated for the selected
percentage of original, which I haven't figure out how to do in LR.
Although LR has more handles in adjusting RAW's, I find Elements
conversion menu easier to access than LR develop menu, as there is no
need for scrolling on my 1024 by 768 screen. But no doubt I'm still on
the bottom of the learning curve here.

Henk