I've never used it but this says you can use it to edit EXIF information.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Digital-Photo-Tools/EXIFeditor.shtml

I'm not sure but the lens name may be stored as a code of some type
which would be used in conjunction with a Lookup table to display human
readable information,.  I know that none of the RAW converters I use,
except for the Pentax Photo Browser/Photo Lab combination seem to be
able to tell me the lens name.  If there's no code you won't be able to
update that field to display anything meaningful.

--
Vote for Cthulhu. Why settle for a lesser evil...
   -- Dr. Jerry Pournelle