On Apr 11, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> Derby Chang wrote on Tuesday, 8 April 2008 8:06 PM
>
>> I am speechless
>>
>> http://www.prestongannaway.com/main.php
>> (the Pulitzer winning entry is under Stories and Essays - Remember
>> Me)
>
> As well one ought to be.
> There are few words to encompass what is conveyed by these
> photographs.
>
> Thank you for sending the link.

Preston Gannaway is a grad of Virginia Intermont College. They have a
pretty good photo program there. Back in the day, when I was taking
photo classes at East Tennessee State, we used to go over to VIC to
get our paper and chemicals, what have you, and hang out a bit with
the photo majors over there, and wish that our school put as much
emphasis on the photo area.