-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Michael Beacom
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 12:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Remembrance Day pics and poetry up...

On the subject of scanners.
Does anyone have any experience with the Canoscan FS2720U or FS2710.
I am new to this list (as well as new to digital scanning), so if this has
recently been discussed I
apologize.
I plan on scanning mostly color slides and some color negs.

I think I have narrowed it down to the following:

1.  FS2720
2.  HP S20
3.  Minolta Dual Image II

Right now I'm leaning toward the Canon.

Thoughts comments help appreciated.

--
Thanks,

Michael

Michael Beacom         http://www.optimumdata.com/?sid=4
Optimum Data Inc.      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
5018 Leavenworth St.   Voice: +1 877 312 6517
Omaha, NE  68106       FAX:   +1 402 575 2011

Aaron Reynolds wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, at 04:16  AM, Cotty wrote:
>
> >  without the plastic
> > feel the Sprintscan had,
>
> I was stunned at the difference in build quality between the SprintScan
> 4000 and the SprintScan 120.  The 120 makes the 4000 look like a cheap
> toy.
>
> -Aaron
> -

the system manager.