In a message dated 11/28/01 12:13:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> But it can hardly be used to selectively focus on one subject, with a
> blurred background.  It has strengths, it has weaknesses, just like any
> other format.  But the basic quality of the images is every bit comparable
> to the best scan I can get using a 2820 dpi scanner and 35mm film.

I find one thing that is a constant feature with quality taking (making?)
instruments: as you point out, a camera with which the shooter cannot "blur"
the background is no more than a sophisticated point and shoot*ps*.
*ps*Again, for ~me~, an $800 P&S (yep, they make such a beast) which won't
let me move the aperture, defeats the purpose of my making photos.
***a movable aperture make the difference in all formats.

Mafud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]