----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Brigham"
Subject: RE: Flash for K10D

> Failing that, another thing that might be worth considering is if you buy
> another AF-360GZ
> which breaks somewhere else, you would be able to use the other one for
> spares?
>
> If you can fix it for $40 that sounds the best bet though.

The weak spot of most flash units is the attachment point. It has to be built
weaker than the
camera shoe so as to not cause the camera to be damaged in the event of an
impact. This makes it
the most likely point of damage. I agree that if the flash is that easily and
inexpensively
fixed, that's the way to go.
I'd avoid Sigma especially. It may work on the present camera, and then not
work on future
cameras. I beleive Dave Brooks ran into that with his K10.

William Robb