----- Original Message -----
From: "Lucas Rijnders"
Subject: Re: Microsoft and Hoya Pentax join forces.

> Don't bet on it: There appears to be a bit of a row between Adobe and
> Microsoft. At work I have a Vista 64 bit workstation, and PDF's don't show
> as thumbnails and don't show a preview in the explorer... Makes using
> Vista64 even more of a hassle than it already is...

I am so glad I decided not to sidegrade myself to Vista with my new computer.
Whether or not
there is a fight going on between Adobe or Microsoft is moot, it is still up to
Microsoft to
make their OS compatable with industry standard file types. Next thing, they
won't be JPEG
compliant because they have decided to invent their own version of a compressed
image file.
Lets face it, if they decide not to be compliant, there will be a whole bunch
of people with
Macs in their future, which would not make Microsoft or the computer vendors
who depend on their
operating systems very happy.

William Robb