The Pentax AF 540 is great in terms of consistency and exposure. All
of its special functions, such as high speed synch and wireless, work
flawlessly. I've owned both it and the Sigma 500 (530) Super. The
Pentax 540 is vastly superior. It's perfectly mated to the cameras.
It's only weak point is its locking mechanism, but if you take care
in operating the clamp, it will be fine.
Paul