Hey John,

Apologies for winding you up. It was just a poor attempt at poking fun
of the situation. IMHO, Fotozone is *relatively* thorough in their
tests and less unreliable than many. A lack of mention of PF in tests
of lenses from the Big Two is either because Fotozone just started
testing for PF, or because they're biased. I can't think they could be
particularly in disfavour of Pentax, though. Just more in favour of
whoever has the higher market share, I guess. After all, owners of
those brands would be the higher portion of their readers. And I also
think the jury is still out as to their bias. Now that they've raised
the issue of PF, it would do everyone good if they continued to
discuss this property for all brands. Just one sentence remarking that
they didn't find any would be infinitely more clarifying than no
mention at all, as it is today.

I agree with you that PF is very real. I disagree with you in thinking
that current lack of mention in tests of other than Pentax is proof
that this is nonexistent with other brands.

If, at the end of the day, some of your real keepers (for other
reasons) show PF, then it's time to walk the walk through the post
processing. With the DA*, you'll have an easier job than with the FA*
200. I'm not at all sure that your raw files would be better with a
different brand of DSLR.

Best,
Jostein

--