On Jun 1, 2008, at 2:21 PM, Rick Womer wrote:

> I would like to add a photo to an existing Collection.
>
> So, I read the f###ing documentation, which says to
> select the photo in Library Grid mode, and drag it to
> the desired collection in the Collection Panel.
>
> Nifty, except that the photos don't drag anywhere.
>
> How is it =really= done?

Exactly as they state: Click and drag a thumbnail from the Grid view
onto the Collection you want to add it to. If the particular image or
copy is already in the Collection you drag it to, Lightroom will not
allow you to add it twice.

I have no idea why it would not work on your system. Perhaps you're
not giving Lightroom that momentary pause required for it to know
that you've clicked and dragged the image? I find this happens to me
occasionally.

An alternative is to select the thumbnails in either the Library grid
view or the Film Strip panel and control-click on the Collection you
want to add them to. Pick the "Add Selected Photos To This
Collection" command ... Lightroom will add them as requested.

A nice touch ... if you have a folder or collection selected in grid
view and hover the mouse over a Collection, Lightroom will highlight
all the files from the current location that are already included in
the collection you are hovering over.

Godfrey