Asahi does translate as "Morning Sun" but it is a river, at one time I
had heard that water taken from that river could be used to develop B&W
film with no additional chemicals, however either that wasn't true or
water quality has improved considerably since the 1950s.

--
Vote for Cthulhu. Why settle for a lesser evil...
   -- Dr. Jerry Pournelle