I've added three pictures to the gallery of stacks:

http://picasaweb.google.com/don.donwilliams/Stack/photo#5208684297290493794

http://picasaweb.google.com/don.donwilliams/Stack/photo#5208684666657681266

http://picasaweb.google.com/don.donwilliams/Stack/photo#5208684713902321538

The background in the first one was annoying so I moved the camera
closer and started again rather than look for something to cover the
bright part of my desk. Pic -1266 was made by stacking 27 exposures --
1/6s at f22 and the last picture -1538 is a stack of 14 of them  --
leaving out every second exposure. For this operation I used
HeliconFocus and it seems to do as well an combineZP with less fuss --
in this case. The total depth of the flower -- from the front edge of
the petals to the hairy bits is 75mm. Same lens -- Sigma 50mm Apo Macro.
I think it would be quite easy to get a good result with even fewer
frames at this aperture.

Dr E D F Williams
http://www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams/
P O Box 15, 41660 TOIVAKKA, Finland
Phone: +358400706616
Alternative eMail address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]