Hi everybody,

I'm back home after a two-days-and-a-half weekend spent in the
island of Procida, the smallest and the less known of the
islands near Naples.

I took with me an LX and the MX, in which I had decided to mount
the SC-21 screen (from the LX) to have a bit of brightness more.
Lenses chosen were the usual KM 50/1.4 and 1.7, the K 24/2.8,
the KM 20/4 (used very little, but it's so small I can carry it
everywhere) and my new Vivitar 100/2.5 macro. I still had few
rolls of Kodachrome 64, so I shot three of them, plus a roll of
Reala in the MX. Probably for the first time in eight years I
haven't shot a single B&W frame... I feel a bit guilty...

The wheater was beautiful, only a bit too chilly and windy even
for November (in fact I got a heavy cold...).
The best part of the weekend is that I was able not to bother my
girlfriend to death as usual with my photographic frenzy...

The equipment performed well, as ever, apart for the usual
strange behaviour of that particular LX coupled with my older
AF280T: the flash refused regularly to fire, so I forgot about
it.
The first field impressions of the Vivitar Series 1 macro are
nice. I don't like the clockwise focusing ring, but I can get
accustomed to it. It's a heavy and solid-feeling lens, and I
hope it performs as I imagine. Strangely, I didn't take more
than a couple of macro, or better bare close-up, shots. Not too
strange I guess, because I wanted to check the lens performance
at normal more than macro distance, but I felt I could have made
the same shots with my KM 100/2.8, saving a lot of space and
weight. We'll see.
I hope to have the Kodachromes back before the next submission
deadline.

Anyway, it's nice to be back and have tons of messages to
read...

Ciao,

Gianfranco
http://shopping.yahoo.com