This is not unusual, it is in fact, common that different lenses and
camera combinations result in different exposures.  Sometimes it's the
camera's shutter at certain speeds, and sometimes it's the lens'
particular certain aperture not being exact.  The cumulative effect of
the shutter and aperture errors can be significant, as you found out.

Advanced B&W books often suggest establishing film speeds and
development times by testing every lens individually at each aperture on
the same single camera, and finding where the "correct" exposure is by
bracketing and establishing where base + fog is on the film verses
maximum density.  Even then, you've only established it for a single
lens and camera combination, and it's also quite possible that your
camera/lens would perform differently in different auto exposure modes,
as well as in manual exposure.  I find this to be a pretty impractical
approach to 35mm shooting, but certainly valid for larger formats.

In a practical sense, you've taken the first step to realizing that you
have some variables that cumulatively add up pretty significantly.  If I
were you, I'd "waste" a few rolls on a gray card, maybe in the exposure
mode you use most often and see which lenses and apertures perform how,
and just file that information away in your brain for the future in case
you feel the need to want to compensate for it. I would think the
biggest factor in deciding afterwards whether it's an issue or not might
be the type of film you use most often.  With color negative film, it's
probably not an issue at all.

Thanks,
Ed
http://lightandsilver.com