----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'" <pdml@pdml.net>

> Anyway, I'm starting to make notes about what I'd like to photograph
> while I'm there, and I wondered if other people do the same, or am I
> just some sad no-life?
>
> When you go on a photo trip do you just wander around and leave the
> photos to the will of Allah, or do you deliberately put yourself into
> likely-looking situations?

I've read quite a few articles on travel photography:  Taking notes and
researching the destination are usually included as things to do before the
trip.  It's also suggested to google the destination & look at photos
already taken to help get a sense of the place.  I imagine most photogs do a
little of both--planning & wandering.

Cheers, Christine