> I love this photo, too.  It's funny that Cartier-Bresson was thought
> of by some as a "street photographer" or as someone who did
> "reportage", but he (as you said earlier today) was an amazing
> portraitist and landscapist as well.
>
> I think this is my favourite of his landscapes:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3ego8j

yes, I like that one very much too. I've always liked it, but it was
years before I noticed the heart shape, and other people I've pointed
it out to have also not noticed it before.

This was the cover of the Stern Magazine book of his landscapes, and
is also a great favourite of mine - it's another example of how
utterly perfect so many of his pictures were:

http://www.magnumphotos.com/Archive/C.aspx?VP=Mod_ViewBox.ViewBoxZoom_
VPage&VBID=2K1HZO455GUZQ&IT=ImageZoom01&PN=4&STM=T&DTTM=Image&SP=Searc
h&IID=2S5RYDZ60Y3V&SAKL=T&SGBT=T&DT=Image

http://tinyurl.com/59oztv

Bob