I shot for 25 years and never owned a zoom. They just weren't good
enough. But that's no longer the case, so I see no reason not to use
them. The DA* lenses may well be the best glass that Pentax makes.
They're certainly near the top of the heap and probably the equal of
anything out there. 50-135 is an absolute gem. The 16-50 is as well
-- when it's assembled correctly. Hopefully, any problems of that
nature are well behind us. In fact, I've been wondering if the delays
in the DA* 60-250 introduction are the result of changes in
manufacturing procedures.
Paul