God, Bill!! Thanks for the great laugh!
In the common usage, "Been there, done that!"
I worked as a late teen, before joining the Navy, for an industrial
photographer in Mobile. We processed several large aerial prints that
he had sold to customers just as you describe, except he did have a
basement with a drain.
That was when I discovered that hypo would cure atheletes foot!

Walt