Thibouille wrote:

> The thing is, The Pentax software will only recognize compressed DNG
> compressed by itself and NOT DNG compressed by Adobe :(

Yes, I've noticed that, and this makes the whole DNG thing far less
standardized and appealing than it looks (and should!). For that reason, I
stick to PEF format, reasonably compact, fully specified (including all the
exif data as they are written by the camera, not transcoded by
out-of-control software which could lead to unwelcome suprise) and fully
supported by Adobe.

On a side note: I've noticed that when converting RAW to JPG with ACR on a
dedicated PC (either single conversion or batch), the time of shooting is
retained and it's shown by Windows Explorer set on Details mode, while if I
do batch conversion in background while working on other software, all
converted images look like shot at 00.00 time. Anyone else noticed?

Dario