On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 12:25  AM, William Robb wrote:

> Its weird. A buddy suggested an iar bubble in the ink line might
> cause it.

I would imagine not, just because of how the printer works...it would
have to be a disappearing and reappearing bubble that timed itself just
right to create the shape that it has.

We had an intermittent problem with thin, solid white lines and black
lines appearing on the print every once and a while when we first got
our big printer.  It turned out that Epson print monitor wanted more RAM
than was available, and between it and Photoshop eating up all the RAM
(512 megs at the time), there was a problem spooling big files to the
printer.  The solution was to reduce Photoshop's RAM allocation (a Mac
thing, I believe Windows does its memory allocation all by itself),
which I had set rather high.  Adding another 256 megs of RAM helped,
too.  :)

Because of the shape and even-ness of the problem area, I'm more
inclined to think it's a software thing than a mechanical problem.  But
it's under warranty, so call Epson and see what they say.  Chances are,
if it's software they've seen it before and can tell you what's up.

-Aaron