Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> Well, the last time I uploaded 30 diverse and interesting pictures,
> taking a couple of hours to do so via the ghastly stupid interface, I
> also had none accepted. So I no longer waste my time.

Personally, I never submit more than one a week. I suspect the interface
is designed to encourage that kind of moderation.

> Peer review rating is a dumb idea.

I think it's a great idea for Pentax: It offloads some of the judging
work, and the people doing the judging are, by and large, the people to
whom Pentax is trying to sell equipment. The Gallery is a marketing tool
of Pentax Imaging, intended to help them sell cameras and lenses. Having
photos that appeal to the people who are their customers makes sense.
Not how you or I would run a gallery, of course, but we're free to run
our own galleries any way we want.