Kevin Waterson wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I would think so. But I bet that quite a few wealthy hobbyists buy them as
>> well.
>
> </de-lurk>
>
> I have been to several Hasselblad function where we get to test drive new
> blads. My experience here in Sydney is that the most common users are
> wedding photographers.

If you're a wedding photographer who charges $5000-$10,000 (or more) per
gig and whose clients are millionaires, you probably *need* a $40,000
camera. Not for the image quality, necessarily, but as part of *your*
image, with which you have to market yourself to that kind of customer.

Not a big deal for those guys - the camera will pay for itself fairly
quickly and its depreciation written of as a business expense.