That is all pretty well true, although hindsight is 20/20 vision of course.
Chamberlain didn't have much to do with conquering India as far as I am
aware, but he did allow Hitler more time and did try to play down the
significance of Hitler's actions to justify not going to war. his intentions
however *were* noble and the decisions were made in light of intelligence at
the time. Of course if he had gone into the war earlier we could be arguing
the toss over whether bloodshed could have been avoided by further
diplomatic means.

I am prod to be English, and even though I have more left wing views than
any politician at that time I also feel very proud of what Neville
Chamberlain did at that time, going against the advice of his cabinet and
holding out to try and avoid taking his country into another war. how easy
it would have been to go with the flow, but he didn't, he stood for what he
believed in.

I wasn't accusing you of bringing politics into it Daniel, just pointing out
that Mike was right; when we talk politics we will never agree...

Anyway, that's my lot on this, I'm fed up with OT posts so shouldn't be
contributing!!!

Regards,