Spain also supported Hitler for a while, and then remained "neutral" while he
ran through most of Europe, killing millions of Jews, Slavs, Gypsies, gays
and leftists.  If I read the news reports correctly, most of the terrorism is
Spain is domestic strife, unlike the internalional terrorist organizations
that killed, more that 4,000 in one day in New York.  By the way, many of
those killed were foreign nationals, including quite a few muslims,
When you say that "assisting the Israelis would not be exactly like
battling terrorism, it would be more alike to helping the Nazi forces
which destroyed the Jew ghetto in Warsaw in WWII.," you are, in effect,
incouraging the terrorists who pledge to kill Jews just because they are
Jews.

Carlos Royo wrote:

> "Daniel J. Matyola" wrote:
> > Certainly, Italia was NOT netral in WWII.  It was a leader of the
> > Fascist bloc, and took aggreesive action against an African nation that
> > could not defend itself.  Many Americans died liberating Italia.  How
> > may Italians would try to assist Americans, or Bosnians, or Israelis,
> > today?
>
> Hello Daniel:
> Firstly, the Italian government is actively supporting what the media
> call "War against terrorism". They have said they're ready to send their
> ships and soldiers, and in fact they've already done it.
> Secondly, the Italian army has been present for years with the rest of
> NATO forces in Bosnia and Kosovo, as a part of the multinational effort
> to keep peace there.
> Thirdly, I am getting tired of those political OT messages we are seeing
> here in the PDML lately.
> And, as a sidenote, assisting the Israelis would not be exactly like
> battling terrorism, it would be more alike to helping the Nazi forces
> which destroyed the Jew ghetto in Warsaw in WWII.
> By the way, I am not an Italian, but I live in a country (Spain) which
> has lived with terrorism since the late sixties (more than one thousand
> people have died so far), and since then, we have received little or
> none international help or understanding in our fight against terrorist
> groups like ETA.
>
> And now, don't tell me I am anti-american. That's nonsense. But I won't
> eat everything the propaganda machinery wants us to swallow.

Daniel J. Matyola                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Stanley, Powers & Matyola          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Suite203, 1170 US Highway 22 East  http://danmatyola.com
Bridgewater, NJ 08807              (908)725-3322  fax: (908)707-0399