Bong Manayon wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:28 PM, P. J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You might want to lo look for an MR-9 adapter.  I think the SRT-101 is
>> fairly voltage sensitive.  The adapters are kind of pricey but they're a
>> lot cheaper than having your camera re-calibrated for a higher voltage
>> if it can be done at all.  I don't know if these people will do overseas
>> orders but at least you know what it looks like from this.
>>
>> http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_mr9_adapter.htm
>>
> Yeah, I heard about this.  Thanks for the link!

Wow! Those are expensive!
Besides the physical spacer, all that's in them is a single Schottky
barrier diode (which gives a 0.2 Volt drop when forward biased - just
what you need). I'd just get a Schottky diode from an electronics
supplier for a dollar or so and solder it in line with the power lead to
the battery (you only have to remove the camera's base plate, IIRC). But
even having a technician solder it in shouldn't be too expensive.